Thursday, April 5, 2007

Bin 305

I had a great evening with my favorite person at Bin 305. My friend's email: "we can go to the bin" huh? What the... we can go for dinner to a rubbish bin?? Oh well, Bin 305 is a restaurant located in 305 Murray St with the Pacific Hotel.

I was late as I got lost and parked the car so far from it! Anyway when I arrived there the restaurant was already lost two points from her as they served 1) unpleasant warm drinking water and 2) her beer so late! Well, I started with a Tia Maria on the rocks and fortunately it served very quickly.

I had the soup of the day - Thai Coconut soup with meatballs and she had Tempura with green salad. Because she is allegic to balsamic venegar, we asked for blue cheese dressing, which was absolutely devine! My soup was fine- it was very Thai and meat balls were tender but not smelly at all. Tempura was good too but the oil temperature was, I guesss, too high so it smelled burnt a bit. Fish was pretty fresh and serving size was pretty impressive though.

After dinner we shared Tiramisu!! It was ohhhhh.... I like soaky tiramisu with more coffee and liquor flavor! My Swiss friend makes beautiful tiramisu and the one we had tonight was pretty much like his tiramisu... Great taste! But I didn't like the presentation - they could have used a fancy glass instead of this ordinary boring looking glass.

Well... the most important thing to me is always the taste of coffee and it was awful in Bin305!!! ohhhhh... no more coffee in the Bin!!

Anyway, the food was good, interior design was unique (in a good way), staffs's hospitality was great and seat was comfortable.

heehee... don't you like its name?? Bin 305!

No comments: